The moody, enigmatic 75 seconds offered next to no hints about what 'Skyfall' is or means, but shows James Bond (Daniel Craig) back in action alongside M (Judi Dench), new Bond girl Naomie Harris, and new threats played by Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes.
Helmed by Sam Mendes, Craig's third outing as Bond will see MI6 under attack, and Bond's loyalty to M tested by a figure from her past.
The film also looks to be set primarily in London, in contrast to globe-trotting previous instalments Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace. The trailer includes shots of London streets, the city skyline and what looks like a tube crash, while Shanghai also features.
Digital Spy picks out the 10 best bits from the trailer below.
1. Bond surveys the calm before the storm in London.
2. During an interrogation by word association, Bond's ambiguous response to the word "Skyfall" is "done".
3. Our first glimpse of Ralph Fiennes as antagonist Gareth Mallory, a figure from M's past.
4. Bond makes a gun-toting entrance to a room peppered with bullet holes.
5. New Bond girl Naomie Harris does her best to make shaving sexy.
6. Bond sprints through a chaotic London street filled with police cars.
7. In perhaps the trailer's most mysterious shot, Bond and M look out over a vast, misty valley.
8. A silhouetted figure - presumably Javier Bardem's villain Silva - watches a building go up in flames.
9. "Some men are coming to kill us," Bond says, unruffled. "We're going to kill them first."
10. Bond takes what looks like a gravity-defying leap from a rooftop
Watch the trailer for Skyfall below: