The final instalment of the wizard movie series, which stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, generated over $23.5 million in box office sales in its first week at the cinema, knocking last week's number one Transformers: Dark of the Moon down to second slot.
Third place is filled by Mr Popper's Penguins, while animated sequel Cars 2 comes fourth after making $2,468,157 in ticket sales. Fifth position is filled by Kung Fu Panda 2 with $2,415,330.
At number six is Kristen Wiig and Rose Byrne comedy Bridesmaids, dropping down two spots from fourth last week, followed by The Tree of Life.
The final three spots are filled by Bradley Cooper's The Hangover Part II and new entries Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and The Trip.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 broke records for the biggest opening day box office sales in Australia last week.
The box office top ten in full (figures in Australian dollars):
1. (-) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - $23,569,120
2. (1) Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $3,995,482
3. (5) Mr Popper's Penguins - $2,726,166
4. (2) Cars 2 - $2,468,157
5. (3) Kung Fu Panda 2 - $2,415,330
6. (4) Bridesmaids - $2,329,483
7. (7) The Tree of Life - $262,484
8. (6) The Hangover Part II - $235,688
9. (-) Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara - $215,191
10. (-) The Trip - $203,302
Watch the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 below: