A full tracklisting for the movie's soundtrack album was announced on Thursday (October 4), revealing that the band's contribution is called 'The Forgotten'.
Green Day bassist Mike Dirnt told Yahoo! Movies: "When we were asked to be part of the Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 soundtrack, we readily agreed because the films are an insane cultural phenomenon, and we have always been impressed with the way the Twilight soundtracks are so carefully curated."
Twilight actress Nikki Reed - who plays Rosalie Hale in the fantasy film series - will also perform a duet for the soundtrack with husband Paul McDonald titled 'All I've Ever Needed'.
The full tracklisting for the album, which will be released on November 13, is as follows:
1. 'Where I Come From' - Passion Pit
2. 'Bittersweet' - Ellie Goulding
3. 'The Forgotten' - Green Day
4. 'Fire in the Water' - Feist
5. 'Everything and Nothing' - The Boom Circuits
6. 'The Antidote' - St Vincent
7. 'Speak Up' - POP ETC
8. 'Heart of Stone' - Iko
9. 'Cover Your Tracks' - A Boy and His Kite
10. 'Ghosts' - James Vincent McMorrow
11. 'All I've Ever Needed' - Paul McDonald and Nikki Reed
12. 'New For You' - Reeve Carney
13. 'A Thousand Years (Part Two)' - Christina Perri
14. 'Plus Que Ma Prope Vie' - Carter Burwell
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 is released on November 16, 2012 in the UK and the US.
Photo gallery - 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2:
Copyright: Lionsgate/Summit Entertainment