With Take That fully graduated to manband status, the success of the former X Factor finalists and George's gang has stripped the boyband field to just two.
Who is better? Read on for some fast facts about both groups before casting your vote in our exclusive poll.
- Nicole Scherzinger suggested grouping the boys together on The X Factor after they failed to make the cut as solo artists.
- Made up of Niall Horan (18), Zayn Malik (19), Liam Payne (18), Harry Styles (18), Louis Tomlinson (20)
- Went number one with their first single 'What Makes You Beautiful'
- Reached number two with their first album Up All Night
- Won the 2012 Brit Award for 'Best British Single'
- Backed by their army of fans the Directioners, otherwise known as the 1D Family
- Formed in 2009 in a mass audition from the people behind The Saturdays and Parade
- Made up of Max George (23), Nathan Sykes (18), Siva Kaneswaran (23), Jay McGuiness (21) and Tom Parker (23)
- Topped the chart with their debut single 'All Time Low'
- Reached number four with their self-titled debut album, while second album Battleground peaked at number five
- Winners of 'Best Music Act at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards in 2011
- The band are currently at number five in the US with 'Glad You Came', the highest UK boyband chart entry ever in the States