1. Scarlett was born in New York City on November 22, 1984 and has an older sister Vanessa and an older brother named Adrian. She also has a three-minute younger twin brother Hunter, who appeared with her in 1996 comedy drama Manny & Lo.
2. She was just nine when she made her film debut as Laura Nelson in Rob Reiner's North. Scarlett's starred in loads of films since, from The Horse Whisperer and Lost In Translation to Eight Legged Freaks and Girl with a Pearl Earring. She's probably not best known for her part in the Kevin-less sequel Home Alone 3!
3. As well as a hectic movie career, Scarlett has started to spread her wings on the stage. She got her feet wet in off-Broadway play Sophistry and graduated to Manhattan as Catherine Carbone in Arthur Miller's A View from the Bridge in 2009, her turn winning her the 2010 Tony Award for 'Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play'. "Being welcomed into this community has been a dream come true for me," she said at the time. "Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be on Broadway, and here I am."
Watch a clip of Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow wrestling in Iron Man 2 below:
4. And that's not all! Since we last gave you the 411 on Johansson, she's launched herself into the world of music with the help of some very famous friends. Dave Sitek of TV on the Radio produced her 2008 album Anywhere I Lay My Head. The 11-track album featured ten Tom Waits covers alongside new track 'Song for Jo' and boasted guest vocals from a certain David Bowie.
5. The response to the album wasn't too bad, and she followed it with a cover of Jeff Buckley's 'Last Goodbye', a duet album with Pete Yorn called Break Up and a rendition of Steel Train's 'Bullet'. She recently laid down some sexy vocals on a new version of 'Bonnie & Clyde' featuring Lulu Gainsbourg for a Serge tribute album and another duet with Dean Martin.
6. Some people have noticed this week that Scarlett is quite attractive, but they're not the first. In the past, she's been named the 'Sexiest Woman Alive' by Esquire, the 'Sexiest Celebrity of the Year' by Playboy and the 'Babe of the Year' by GQ. Some people take their adoration of Scarlett a little too far, perhaps, with one eBayer bidding a whopping $5,300 for a tissue the star had used to blow her nose. Ew!
7. Her most prestigious award came in 2009, when she won a 'Best Boobs in Hollywood' gong! Though her expertise on all-things breast-related may have been called into question by her befuddlement over men's nipples. "What is the function of the male nipple?" she wondered. "Maybe we all start as androgynous creatures and then they become men?" [We think she's actually right on that one].
Watch Scarlett Johansson in the full-length 'Eternity Moment' Calvin Klein commercial from 2004 below:
8. We don't know when those pics were taken or for whom they were intended, but one potential past recipient may have been her ex-husband, the Stradivarius actor that is Ryan Reynolds. The pair started dating in 2007 and got engaged in a small ceremony in Tofino, British Columbia in 2008. They split in 2010 and their divorced was finalised in July this year. She's since been linked to hot leading man Sean Penn.
9. As well as directors Woody Allen and Sofia Coppola, Scarlett's been a muse for loads of other artists. Artist Francesco Clemente used Johansson as the Queen of Swords in his star-inspired Tarot Card deck last month. Before that, French synthpoppers The Teenagers wrote a song about her called "Starlett Johansson". In June, the Looney Tunes Show had a character called 'Starlet Johansson' who bore a startling resemblance to our Scarlett.
10. Scarlett was also apparently the inspiration for Katy Perry's cynically catchy slice of sexuality-tourism 'I Kissed A Girl'. Her apparent response? "That's flattering, but my lips are kind of taken."