Still The X Factor's most successful winner (although perhaps finalists One Direction are stealing her thunder in the US), she remains the quiet-spoken girl with the not-so-quiet singing voice that caught the attention of the nation back in 2006.
For anyone who needs their memory refreshing about the London-born singer as her new track 'Trouble' drops, here are ten facts to do just that.
1. Leona Lewis was born in Islington, London on April 3, 1985. She attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School, Italia Conti Academy and finally the BRIT School. She initially trained as an opera singer.
2. Leona beat Ray Quinn in the final of The X Factor in December 2006. She performed a duet of 'A Million Love Songs' with Take That. Voting figures show that Leona won the final with 60% of the votes. Many considered this a close final considering her position as favourite throughout the competition.
3. Leona's first and so far only tour 'The Labyrinth' was inspired by her favourite childhood film Labyrinth starring David Bowie. The tour took in 20 dates across the UK including sell-out shows in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow. Her first three nights at London's O2 Arena also sold out.
4. Her first post-X Factor single 'Bleeding Love' has sold nine million copies worldwide to date. It has shifted over four million digital copies in the US and was the biggest-selling single there in 2008. The single reached number one in 34 countries, the first track to achieve this since Elton John's 'Candle in the Wind'.
5. Leona's debut album Spirit was released in 2007. It has so far achieved 9x Platinum status in the UK as well as Platinum status in the US.
6. The star was assaulted in 2009 at a book signing in London. Her attacker was sectioned under the Mental Health Act and charged with common assault. Leona suffered bruising as a result of the attack.
7. Leona is a vegetarian and is strongly against the use of animal fur in clothing. She notably turned down an offer to open the Harrods sale in 2008 as it still sells and supports animal fur clothing.
8. Leona was scheduled to appear as the opening act for Christina Aguilera's 'Bionic Tour' in 2010. This fell through when Aguilera cancelled the tour due to commitments promoting her film debut Burlesque.
9. Despite her huge success in the UK, Leona has so far failed to win a BRIT Award - although she has been nominated seven times. Her last nomination was for 'Best British Female' in 2010 where she lost out to Lily Allen. Lewis has also received three Grammy Award nominations.
10. Her upcoming third album Glassheart has been delayed twice due to continued recording by Lewis and a rumoured change in direction. The album will be received later this year almost 12 months after its original scheduled release date.