Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
0

Showbiz News

Ozzy Osbourne injures hand in fire accident at home

By
Ozzy Osbourne has been left with an injured hand after a fire occurred at his Beverly Hills home yesterday (January 17).

Sharon Osbourne revealed how the fire spread after a candle burst, leading to her husband suffering small burns.

CBS show 'The Talk' celebrates Sharon Osbourne's 60th birthday (October 9, 2012)

© WENN / CBS



She explained on The Talk how she heard a sound that was similar to metal hitting the ground, assuming it was the housekeeper dropping keys.

However, she soon realised that wasn't the case, saying: "My eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room - the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding."

Ozzy Osbourne had surgery on his hand the previous day, and attempted to use his casted arm to put out the flames while opening the doors.

"I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water it erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone," she said.

Jack Osbourne, Lisa Stelly, Sharon Osbourne, Ozzy Osbourne - Total Recall premiere, August 1, 2012

© WENN / FayesVision



"And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all."

She added: "At 5 o'clock, the firemen came and they were gorgeous, and I had my dressing gown on, and they laid me down on the front path, and they straddled me and they gave me mouth-to-mouth.

"[I want to] thank the firemen from Beverly Hills fire station cause you are magnificent."

Ozzy Osbourne was recently the subject of a campaign to get Birmingham International Airport named after him.

View all of today's best celebrity pictures - Photo gallery:

You May Like

Comments

Loading...